2019-2020 CCQ Challenge
Bust Your Stash—
Two Inches At A Time
• 1. This challenge is to create a project from your stash using two inch squares which finish to one and a half inches.
• You can use a commercial pattern or create your own pattern. No kits, please!
• You can applique, piece and/or paper piece other elements into your design.
• Embellishments are encouraged; but must compliment design. No craft glitter please!
• Although there are no requirements for how many two inch squares must be included in your design, the two inch squares must be an integral part of the design.
• You can use squares of different sizes, however, the two inch squares must be easily recognizable.
• You can also purchase fabric for your project; but, you won’t be reducing your stash if you do!
• 2. Your entry must be a minimum 96 inch and a maximum 360 inch perimeter, have three layers including batting and you must quilt it either by hand or machine. No bags, wearables, or home décor, please.
• 3. Your quilt must have a four inch hanging sleeve and a label on the back which includes your contact information.
• 4. Your entry must have been created between June 2019 and April 2020. Your entry will hang in the 2020 QuiltFest guild show.
• 5. You will write a brief description of your inspiration and how/why you used the techniques you did in your quilt on your entry form. Your description will be a minimum of 50 words and a maximum of 100 words.
• OPTIONAL—share your progress on the CCQ FaceBook page or instagram or my blog (https://terryknott.blogspot.com) the first Wednesday of the month. This is going to be fun!
Show attendees will cast their votes for their favorites in the following three categories:
-Mostly Traditional—Time tested and still as wonderful as ever.
-Totally Untraditional—Unique, unusual or outside the box. Pushing the envelope using quilting or quilt making techniques innovatively.
-So Whimsical—Fun use of design, color or embellishments.
Ribbons and a cash prize will be awarded to the entry with the most votes in each category.
Additionally, each entry is eligible for the “Busted—Most Stash Used” award.
2020 BLOCK CONTEST
UPDATE: The "Doors" Quilt Block Contest will be held at our 2021 Quiltfest Northwest Show.
The theme for our block contest for the fundraiser quilt two years from now is DOORS! Doors used by people, doors on churches, houses, schools, quilt shops, bakeries, French cafes, etc. You may add wreaths, flower pots, cats, etc.
Your block will be 7” wide and 10” deep finished size, so your turn-in size must be 7.5” x 10.5”. We would like approx. 1” of the “building” on both sides and the top, so the whole block is not just the door. Pieced or appliqued, or a combination. Please have your door vertical on the block.
Any embellishment (lace, embroidery details) must be flat. Fusibles must be sewn down. If you use a commercial pattern, you
must have permission from the pattern designer. We encourage you to be creative and draft your own door!
The colorful multi-block 2019-2020 Opportunity Quilt was custom quilted by guild members. Raffle tickets are $5 each and proceeds will benefit the Southwest Washington Assistance League.
SWWAL helps children in our community in foster care, while they are transitioning in, out and during that time. They provide new clothing and literacy supplies for school children, clothing and hygiene items at hospitals for assaulted women and children, make handmade personal memory albums for the children and provide sponsorships, scholarships and skilled volunteers to help children with special needs.